You may be at the tipping point. All of your office staff have gone elsewhere. The number of your patients are not growing. You’re not sleeping well at night. Yet you don’t have the time nor the wherewithal to figure out what you can do to change your business model. Luckily for you, you don’t have to
Vanguard Dental Management is a dental consulting firm that can help turn your dental practice around (whether it’s in California, Illinois, Texas, or elsewhere), no matter how low it has fallen. Even if you’re doing fairly well and have just stagnated recently, we can help. We offer the best dental practice management consulting services that will increase the number of new patients you are getting (including the number of quality patients who do not rely on their insurance for dental care), accelerate practice productivity, and increase profitability. In this blog post, we’ll answer the question whether or not you should hire a dental practice management consultant or not. Contact us today to get started!
WHAT IS A DENTAL CONSULTANT?
Consultants, in general, provide expert advice in their specialties. So, a dental consultant provides advice in dentistry and dental practice management. A dental consultant helps other dentists improve their dental practice by giving advice on marketing, office management (including the hiring of employees and front office staff), and equipment purchases. Dental consultants do more than just advise, however. They also problem solve, offer up new ideas from brainstorming, offer new perspectives that you just can’t see being so close to your business, and they set goals for you and your dental practice.
WHEN DO YOU NEED A DENTAL MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT?
- When you are first starting your dental practice
- When your dental practice is expanding
- When you’re implementing new software, dental practice changes, or other management tools
- When you’re stuck in a rut
- When you need an outside perspective
- When you need an expert opinion
SOME OF THE TASKS A DENTAL CONSULTANT DOES
- Improves patient experience
- Helps define employee’s roles and job duties
- Implements better communication channels in the dental practice
- Sets in place an objective staff hiring and management system
- Streamlines your dental practice expenses
- Implements and trains staff on new software programs
- Implements protective measures and check systems to prevent fraud in the workplace
- Ensures compliance with all state and federal regulations with regard to patient confidentiality, HIPAA, etc.
NOT ALL DENTISTS ARE BUSINESS PEOPLE
Let’s face it, you didn’t go into the dental field because you were good at business, or even because you wanted to run your own business. You opened a dental practice because you wanted to help people maintain good oral health and fix people’s teeth when they are hurting. Your reasons for entering the dental field are noble; however, the reality of running a dental practice can be overwhelming. It’s important to ask yourself some simple questions to determine if hiring a dental practice management consultant is for you.
HOW TO EXAMINE YOUR DENTAL PRACTICE
- Are you confident you are running the business side of your dental practice competently? Although you may be competent, is it sufficient to afford and your staff the lifestyle they need and/or want?
- Do you think your dental practice is growing or stagnating?
- Are you sacrificing too much family time for your business “baby”?
- Do you feel confident in what the future holds? Can you and your dental practice manage growth?
These are just some of the questions you should ask yourself when considering a dental practice management consultant firm.
HOW VANGUARD DENTAL MANAGEMENT CAN HELP
When running a small business, you simply don’t have the time to learn all about the best business practices and strategies to increase your revenue from your dental practice. When you partner with a top-notch dental practice management consultant, such as Vanguard Dental Management, you are hiring expert dentists who had very successful dental practices to train you on how to improve yours.
From implementing much needed changes that you were afraid to do before to training you and your staff on basic business accounting principles and methods, Vanguard Dental Management will help you take your dental practice (whether it’s in Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, New Jersey, or elsewhere) to the next level of business success. Are you ready? Contact us today if you are!